19 December 2008

Picture Day, Take 2...

Remember back in the summer when I said that I would only attempt to have my children professionally photographed only when I lost my mind completely? That day came a few weeks ago, sort of. Every year, our high school journalism department does a fund raiser called "Studio Red." They have a portrait studio set up in a back room, and for $25 they will take your picture and put them on a CD, which you can take to Sam's or Walmart or wherever and have developed.

We've done this for the past two years with mixed results. High school students are the photographers, and they do a great job. The first year, we got some of my very favorite pictures of Jackson at that age. The second year Jackson walked into the room and straight into the edge of a table. Couple that with me being 8 months pregnant, and you've got why I call that year a wash.

Lately I'd noticed a slightly increased tolerance of Sadie by her big brother, so I figured for $25, what did we have to lose (my sanity notwithstanding, of course)?
Turns out my children like having their pictures taken by 17 year olds. Sadie was a little tired and hungry and not totally feeling it, but Jackson was totally willing to cheese it up. We had a great time, and thirty minutes later we walked out of there with over 150 pictures on a CD!! What a deal!

Here are some of the highlights...

The above picture is one I'm especially happy about. Sadie was not at all happy at this point, and Jackson had to kiss her four or five times to get this shot. And he did so willingly. Happily, even.



The tutu Sadie is wearing here was created by her Aunt Kim. It is too cute, and if we could've kept her smiling longer than 2 seconds, we would've taken a ton of pictures with her in it! As it was, most of them have her screaming in it (see below). Sigh.


To say the least, we were thrilled with the results of our $25 photo session.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Those are good! I loved your card :)Maybe one day I'll actually get to see the little dolls!