01 April 2009

Happy Spring!

After much internal debate, I've come to the conclusion that spring is my favorite time of year. I laugh a little as I type, because I've been known to say the same thing about almost every other season...except maybe winter. I love summer because of the freedom it implies. I love fall because of the leaves and imminent return of the holiday season. I love winter because...well, I don't really love winter at all. There is no snow or anything fun about winter. Only flu season. And outrageous heating bills. All the same, I am definitely one of those people who needs to live in a seasonal climate, and right now, I am loving the season of spring.

Although I'm still pretty bitter about my new camera being stolen, I finally resurrected my old camera (and the one remaining memory stick--with 156 MB of memory. That's somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 pictures for the technically challenged) from the junk drawer. It took me a while, though, so some of our adventures are lost to history. But trust me, the kids and the husband are loving spring as well.


Kevin's trying his hand at gardening this year...yes, it's our garden, but the only people who can really take credit for it are my husband and my son (who really can only say he's played a supporting role...walk out to the garden with daddy, scoop some dirt into the dump truck, move dirt, kick dirt around, walk back to the house).

Jackson and Sadie love being outside during any and all daylight hours. I love that they want to be outside. We've frequented playgrounds, sand boxes, our back yard...basically anywhere without a roof. Jackson got a swing set for his birthday, and even though it's still in construction mode, he LOVES it. Yesterday when we got home, Kevin had put the ladder for the playhouse section up. Jackson said, "You built that ladder just for me daddy? I love it! It's perfect! Thank you!" ...and that's him just getting started. Let's just say if he keeps up the level of gratitude he has for any and all gifts, he'll be driving a Ferrari at 16.

As I said, I did finally resurrect the old camera, and we managed to relive a few of our spring break adventures.

The biggest hit was, again, the bird walkabout at the Tyler zoo.
This time was probably even better than the first time, because Jackson knew what to expect and had no trepidation whatsoever. Sadie still just wanted to catch the birdies and give them big hugs. They frown on that for some reason.

And of course, Easter was a big hit at our house. Jackson really got into egg hunting this year (although the community egg hunt puzzled him a bit...the 3 and under section had candy bunnies, not eggs, so he was a little confused as to what to hunt!). He was in full egg hunt competition mode at Nannie's house (I won't try to explain the helmet. Suffice it to say he wasn't going to hunt without it, even though it wasn't even his.) Sadie could've cared less, as long as I opened up the candy and let her eat it.


They both looked quite cute on Easter Sunday.
We're still working on them smiling at the same time.

In the same place.

Happy Spring!




2 comments:

Brenna said...

BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Your blogs sooooo brighten my day!