01 October 2010

The Waiting Game

I am 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant today.

I am ready to not be pregnant.

I am tired, sore, swollen, and just generally uncomfortable.

But at the same time, I keep thinking of things that I need to get finished before Miss Annabelle makes her appearance.  The past few weeks have been a race...finish maternity leave plans, order necessary baby items, pack a bag, get grades done, stock pantry for at least a few weeks, and love on my children for a few more minutes before my attention is divided by three.  All at the same time, I am trying to be fully prepared to meet this precious little one...and I honestly feel I'm less prepared for her than I was for Jackson! I spend a lot of time praying that someday she will forgive me for all the things I am forgetting to do right now, and glad that she will most likely not need long term counseling for it.

I guess that's why, when my doctor said, "How do you feel about being induced?" today, I didn't jump at the earliest possible day (we decided on Wednesday--October 6--Kevin's birthday), and I didn't jump at taking any measures to make me go into labor sooner rather than later.  Of course, that probably has more to do with the fact that I barely made it to the hospital before Sadie was born.  But that's another story.

So. 

We are spending the weekend waiting and hoping that baby girl will be patient with us and stay put until Wednesday. 

Wednesday we will be ready. 

I promise.

No comments: