27 August 2012

Kindergarten!

Holy moly, how did we get here?!
 Jackson started kindergarten today, and let me tell you, it was harder on me than I anticipated!  He has been ready to go to school for a while.  He could've started last year, but we knew he had a little more growing up to do, so we held him out one more year.  It was fine with all of us, except when someone would ask him, "Are you in kindergarten?"  He always rolled his eyes a little and would sometimes launch into the whole explanation of "yes-I-should-be-in-school-but-my-mom-didn't-start-me."

I stick by my decision.

But when the first day came, he was totally ready.  Me? I thought I would be fine.  I'm not a cryer by nature. And this was a happy day, so why would I cry about that??  Yeah.  As we walked into the building, I could feel my throat tightening up. I had no idea it would hit me like that!  But I sucked it up and did fine.
 He has a great teacher who scored points with him right away because the first thing they did when they got to their seats was play with the Playdoh (also known as "that stuff we never get to play with at home").

When he got home that afternoon, he said he had fun, but that was about it.  He is soo my child.  All those days that my mom got the one word responses from me after school?  Yeah, I'm paying for that. I can't wait to see what his year holds.  He just seems so much more grown up already. Love that kid!

No comments: