10 November 2010

Halloween 2010


Last weekend was very exciting for Jackson and Sadie!  On Friday, the kids got to dress up in their Halloween costumes for "trunk or treat" at Sunshine Friends.  I have to say that if it weren't for Nana and Nannie, the kids might not have had costumes this year!  Normally I have the kids' costumes ordered nice and early, but this year I was a little distracted (hmmm...wonder why?:) )  Luckily, back in the summer Nana ordered these sweet Batman and Batgirl costumes for the kids to play dress-up.  Even more luckily, the kids were dead set on wearing these costumes for Halloween!  The only problem we had was that the smallest size for Jackson's costume was about two sizes too big for him. Enter Nannie.  She was able to alter the costume so that it fit perfectly (almost!). 
Don't you love their muscles?
I didn't get to go to trunk or treat last year, so I was really excited to be there this year.  It was fun to see all the kiddos in their costumed-up best.  Sadie loved getting the boat-load of candy...

Jackson mostly loved being Batman all day long.

Nannie and Nana helped pass out goodies from my trunk.  Batgirl was very happy to see them!



City-wide trick or treating was on Saturday, and as most divas do, Sadie chose to make a costume change.  Friday afternoon she found a monkey costume that Nannie had bought a month or so earlier, and decided she wanted to be a monkey. I was fine with this because it would be warm and required almost no preparation!  We have a couple of regular stops other than downtown.  The first stop we made was to our neighbors' Mr. Bo and Mrs. Pat's house. They are always so nice and so excited to see the kids!


Downtown was crowded and chaotic as usual, but the kids had a great time.  Annabelle chilled out in her "Peas in a Pod" costume I picked up at Dollar General for cheap.  I thought it was pretty cute considering!



Sadie's buddy Hudson...I'm still trying to get her to make friends with girls, but with boys this cute around, I'm going to have trouble!

These were two tired trick or treaters!  I realized at the end of the night that I didn't have a picture of them together.  This was as good as it got!

Sadie managed to find every box of Dots in her bag.

 
The last stop of the night for us was Aunt Judy and Uncle Ronnie's house.  As tired as the kids were, they were still excited to make this stop. Of course, five minutes in, both kids had shed their costumes entirely and kicked off their shoes, but isn't that what you do in front of family? :)

No comments: