21 April 2013

Where has my baby boy gone???

Jackson turns seven today, and I'm not sure how that happens, since just yesterday I was staring at this sweet little face...
I look at these pictures and am instantly transported back to 2006.  
 But then I see pictures like this one and remember how BIG I thought that kid was!
 When he started pre-school, his backpack was almost as big as he was, but by the time he went to kindergarten it fit him perfectly.



 He has fewer teeth but more words.  He's learned to read!  He asks questions that I don't always know the answer to.
 He isn't a fan of soccer or baseball, but LOVES basketball and hopes we'll let him take karate soon.   He has mastered monkey bars.  He is an expert tree climber.
He noted the other day that he "hardly ever gets in trouble."   This is true.  He is such a sweet boy and has become a real helper around the house. It makes me proud that he's even  better at school and church than he is at home.  Does he grumble and roll his eyes?  Yep.  He gets it from me (he gets a lot of his personality from me...and if you look in the 1980 Vandalite, you'll also see that he's not just his Daddy's boy on the outside!)

I know I will blink and he will be 14, then 21...but I can't wait to see what God has in store for him.

No comments: