31 May 2013

Kindergarten Graduation

Jackson graduated from Kindergarten on Thursday.  

His behavior before school just showed me how like his father he truly is.  He came in our room around 6:15 wanting to know if he was late for school, because "I can't be late for graduation."

(For the record, I think he's only been late like twice.  Maybe three times. Almost late, maybe.  But I prefer to call that "right on time." We're "right on time" a LOT. But rarely late.)

Anyway, at 7:15 he was dressed and ready and telling his father (who is ALWAYS the first one ready) that he needed to HURRY UP because it was time for his graduation! 

 He has had such a great year.  We love his teacher, Mrs. Jenkins, and he never once complained about her or anything school related.  This kid even liked the cafeteria food!  PE was his favorite thing about school, but I'm okay with that because he grew so strong over the year.
And this kid is a reader now! 

I did really well with the whole graduation program until they played the final slide show and backed it up with "Let Them Be Little," by Billy Dean.  Because he's my oldest, I sometimes forget that he's still a little boy.  We held him out of kindergarten for a year, and I'm so glad we did.  He is growing into a leader, and I love how he is so much more confident now than he was in August.  Mrs. Jenkins did lots of little things to bolster his confidence, and it made all the difference in the world.  

He is totally ready for 1st grade now.  Well, after he's had a break to "do nothing, if I want." :) 



No comments: