30 July 2008

My newest pet peeve...

Sadie and I had our first girls' day out today. It worked out better for me than her. I get all these nice people telling me what a cute baby I have. She gets three shots. She was quite the brave little girl, all things considered. We ate at Potpourri House (because all ladies who lunch should eat there every once in a while), and then headed over to Hobby Lobby to buy frames for all the cute pictures that just came in.

I wandered down the aisles at H.L., happy as a clam to see that frames are half-price. Except do you know that about one in, oh, a THOUSAND frames are 10x13? Or 3 1/2 x 5? And the precious 10x10 collage print they sold me? That frame is the Loch Ness Monster of frames.

Why do photography studios sell you prints that have no frames? Why? Why? Why?

I'll admit I was the idiot who got two 10x13 prints because they were so darn cute. And while they sucked me in on the pictures, I refused to fall for their little "look we've got the perfect size frame with a mat and everything." Or the "it's really hard to find a 10x10 frame, but look we're running a special! Only $29!"

Sheesh.

Luckily, creative genius struck about thirty minutes into the second store. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: