23 August 2008

Poop is Stinky

My son--my handsome, smart, ever-growing boy--pooped in the bathtub.

After a very busy but fun day, I plopped him and Sadie in the tub for a quick bath. Things were going just fine and dandy--he was actually enjoying Sadie's company, and she of course was thrilled to have her existence acknowledged by her big brother. All the love must have gone to my head, because I ended up letting the little cherubs play for several minutes before I bathed Sadie and got her out.

The entire time I'm bathing her, Jackson is telling me he is done and wants to get out. Perhaps this was a red flag.

I dry off Sadie in the next room, put on her diaper, and we head back to the tub.

Where my son is squatting down, watching the poop exit his body. Little pooplets are floating all around.

He looks up at me, clearly thrilled, and says, "I poopooed in the potty!"

Um, no.

So, after I sift out the poop (NOT with my bare hands, although the germophobe in me is keenly aware this whole time that my hand is in POOP WATER as is my SON who seems perfectly happy to be there), empty the tub, bathe my son (using the sprayer and then germ-xing his nasty little poop-water feet), and clean up the tub (toys and tub are still sitting in bleach, by the way), I explain to Jackson the ASTRONOMICAL difference between potty and bathtub, and how simply pooping outside one's diaper is not always a triumph. Cows don't poop in their bath tubs (to which he replies, "Cows don't take baths." Not my finest example.), and big boys NEVER poop in their baths. Ever. Poop is gross and disgusting and we only poop in diapers and potties. Do you understand? He says he does.

Then he walks into the living room and tells his daddy, "My poop is stinky."

Yes. Yes it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Reminds me of a couple stories of my own, LOL. JEN