22 January 2011

Day 2: The person I've been closest to longest...

One thing this little challenge has taught me is that I don't have very many pictures of myself!  Not only that, I don't have pictures of myself with people I love.  I must remedy this.  I was sure I had a picture of me with my dear friend, but I still haven't located one, so....

Anywho.

This is my friend Janet.


This is proof that we've been friends a really long time:
...a really, really long time.

 ...and I hereby give her permission to publish any junior high mullet or high school big hair pictures she might have of me. That's only fair. :)

Janet is one of those "forever friends." One of those people that you want to share good news with.  One that will laugh with you and cry with you.  One that will literally dumpster dive for a friend.  Literally.  But that's another blog.

We've known each other since Little Dribblers in 3rd grade. We also played softball together, and it was then that I realized what a great friend she was.  I've always been the kind of person that liked to be by myself, and Janet was one of the few people that I really enjoyed having around for long periods of time!  We spent so much time together "back in the day"...summers were split between our houses.  Many of my favorite memories include her.  She is truly one of those friends that knows everything about me and likes me anyway.  (And thankfully she doesn't tell everything she knows either!:)  I still enjoy the times we are able to get together and just talk.

One time when we were in high school, we were doing something with our youth group...I don't even remember what it was. But  Janet had to leave early, and I will never forget what the teacher said about her after she left, because it was such an accurate description of her.  She said, "Janet has such a kind heart.  She is so accepting of everyone. She is one of the nicest people I  know."

That was her in a nutshell back then...and it's still so true today.  I dare you to try to get her to say something mean.  :)

I have so many good memories of Janet and me.  We've shared lots of laughter and tears.   Our boys are best buddies, and it warms my heart.  I'm honored that after all these years, I can still say she's one of my best friends.

No comments: