04 February 2011

At Last!! Day 10: The person I do the craziest things with...

**Finally!  Day 10 is posted!  I have been trying to get the perfect picture for this post, and this week was just too crazy.  Then this morning, Kelly Lockwood posted the picture you see below on her FB...and I said to myself, "Self?  That is the perfect picture for Day 10."  So thank you, Kelly L.**

Okay.  Full disclosure.  The actual topic for today was the person you do the most ***** things with.  Do you even know me?  I'm not even sure what the **** stand for! :)  To say I don't have a wild side is a bit of an understatement.  But I do have a friend that I laugh with on a daily basis, and we have had a lot of fun over the years. 




I knew Holly in junior high and high school, but we didn't really become good friends until I started teaching at the junior high.  We have so much in common--for example, we both come from big families (Hers is definitely bigger.  Try to find someone she's not related to. Go on.), we both are total homebodies, we both taught fourth grade for one--and only one--year, and we were both voted "Most Likely to Succeed."  Yes really.  Holly is--as the picture indicates--not afraid of much and the perfect mother for boys. 

I can always tell it's going to be a good day when Holly says, "Hey, I've got an idea!"   

Like telling our students that we got into a fist fight in junior high and that we still hate each other and we only pretend to like each other because we work together. (And if you're a seventh grader reading this--it totally happened.  And I won.  No matter what Mrs. Braswell says.)

Or the "Christmas Parades" down the halls...which involved tacky Christmas decorations, Mrs. McGuffey's scooters, rolling chairs, and having to run ahead to plug in the CD player so that everyone could clearly hear, "Merry Christmas from the Family," by Robert Earl Keen.

Or our "Donkey Derriere" video for our friend Tammy, who was leaving us for greener pastures. 

Or the letter.  Oh wait. Wrong friend. :)

There are a few key retirements coming up this spring at the junior high, and they've requested that a big deal not be made of their exit.  But Holly's already said, "Hey, I've got an idea!"

This should be GREAT!

No comments: