14 February 2011

Day 21: Something I wish I could forget

I hated college.

I've always been pretty open about the fact that my college years are the ones I wish I had a "do over" for.  It wasn't that I got short-changed on my education, and it was nobody's fault but my own. It was just a miserable, miserable time for me.  Literally one bad decision after another.  

I think part of it was I had so much fun in high school. It was such a positive experience filled with so many great friends and memories; I guess I had the same expectations for college.  It started out with a lot of promise--great roommate, great college, great outlook.  I just didn't give it a legitimate shot.  Everything had come so easy before.  All of the sudden it took work.  I didn't make friends as easily in college, and I didn't make A's as easily either.  Then there was the whole being a grown-up side of the equation.

And although I can't forget it, I did move past it.  The best part is, once you scrape the bottom of the barrel, it only gets better from there.

Way better. :)

No comments: