01 February 2011

Day 13: My favorite band...

For someone who spent most of my formative years in piano lessons, band, church choir, and in my room listening to the radio, I am musically illiterate.  I like what I like, but if you ask me the name of the song, or, heaven forbid, the name of the artist, I'm probably just going to give you a blank stare.  I chalk it up to my brain being full of more important things--like 36 years' worth of lyrics.  Those I know.
So I guess I would have to say I don't have a favorite band or artist.  But I LOVE Genius on iTunes.  Genius and I have become best buddies since my sweet husband gave me a new iPod Nano for Christmas.  I was sitting at a redlight one day, trying to figure out how to make a playlist, when I touched the Genius button.  Curious, I touched the name of a song, and poof! Instant playlist with songs I actually love.  Genius introduced me to "Everything is You" by Eli Young Band, which is probably my current favorite song.   Texas Country music has started growing on me (which is good, because our iTunes is full of it!!).
I also like Cory Morrow.   For those of you who don't know Cory Morrow, he has a song called "Angela."  When a singer writes a song just for me, I listen. :)

My other favorite song right now is "All That I Can Say" by the David Crowder Band...it is amazing. Probably one of my all time favorites.

I could go on and on...but not really.  I've exhausted my musical memory.  That's what Genius is for.

No comments: