27 February 2011

Day 28: Something I'm afraid of





When I started thinking about this post, I realized I have lots of fears. 

All irrational.

But this one tops the list:  I HATE driving in the rain.

I have no terrifying personal experience on which to base this fear.  I've had two wrecks in my life.  The first one was in the rain, but it was more a drizzle, and it had more to do with me not slowing down soon enough.  The second one was on loose gravel (another thing I have a deep abiding respect for now).

It was after the second wreck that my fear of driving in the rain started to creep up on me.  I guess it's more a fear of not having control of a vehicle.   Or of people around me not having control of their vehicles. 

Now, it's not that I WILL NOT drive in the rain.  I refuse to let it cripple me.  But I'm that granny driver that will creep along at 45 mph.  And I am praying the entire time for the rain to stop (one time it actually did--which was a total blessing because I was on the verge of a panic attack), for cars to slow down, for everyone to arrive at their destinations safely.

Go around. 

I don't mind.

No comments: